Vastu Shastra has great importance for entrance door in a home, as this is the place from where energies, either positive or negative, enter and exit a house.
Having said this, it is obvious that if more negative energies are entering a home from main door then people in the house will not prosper.
On the other hand if more positive energy is entering a home then the residents will prosper.
Before you read any further, I assume that you already are aware of vastu shastra. If not, I recommend you to read our article which introduces you to vastu shastra so that you know and understand vastu in a better way.
Now, let’s continue our discussion on main entrance vastu; the most important part regarding entrance door of a home is direction, hence before looking at other vastu tips for main door, I want you to have a look at auspicious directions for entrance in a house.
What YOU Are Going To Learn Further:
Main or Entrance Door Vastu – Effect of Directions
North:- If you want to locate the entrance door in North wall of a home, then make sure the door is in North-East section of North wall.
The reason for this is to allow morning sun (UV Rays for purification), fresh light and air to enter the home from East.
Also keep the door towards center of wall (not exactly at center) and locate a window near North-East corner.Update: More on north facing house @ North Facing House Vastu Shastra
South:- If you want to locate entrance of a home in South wall, then locating the door towards South-East is auspicious; avoid having the door at center or South-West portion of wall.
For all houses having main door in South direction, it’s must to have another door in North direction also.Update: More on South facing house @ South Facing House Vastu Shastra
East:- To locate main entrance door in East wall, vastu suggests keeping it in North-East part.Update: More on East facing house @ East Facing House Vastu
West:- North-West half of West wall is more suitable for main entrance as per vastu.Update: More on West facing house @ West Facing House Vastu
The below diagram helps you identify best locations for entrance door for a house as per vastu shastra.
Having located directions for main entrance as per vastu shastra, let’s have a look at more vastu tips for main door.
Vastu Tips for Main or Entrance Door: What to Do
- Make the main door of a home the largest door.
- A two shuttered main door opening inside and clockwise is auspicious.
- Use very good quality wood for main entrance.
- Make sure that main door is noise free while opening or closing.
- Always keep entrance door well lit with bright lights.
- Make sure to have a beautiful name plate (Amazon India, Amazon US) on entrance of a home; this attracts prosperity, wealth and happiness.
- Have a threshold at main door; it makes sure that you avoid loss of wealth.
- Always have some beautiful design and paint on main door. In other words avoid keeping main door dull and drab.
- Make the main door a bit higher than ground level and keep number of steps odd.
- Main door must be above ground level and not below in any case.
- Best option is to have two main doors in a home, one for entry and another for exit having two and one shutters respectively.
- Make exit door smaller than entrance one.
- Locate entrance at least a feet away from any corner.
- Immediately replace cracked or aged doors to avoid tough time and loss of respect.
- Make sure that total number of door and windows in a house are even (e.g. 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.) and not end with 0 (such as, 10, 20, 30 etc.
Vastu Tips for Main or Entrance Door: What to Avoid
- Avoid slanting, sliding or circular opening entrances.
- Avoid having main door facing directly to another home’s main entrance.
- Avoid main door directly facing a compound wall.
- Avoid underground tank, septic tank etc. under a home’s main door. Update: More on Septic tank Vastu @ Septic Tank Vastu
- Avoid any shadows on main door especially shadows of other buildings, plants etc.
- Don’t keep shoes in front of main entrance, keep them at a side.
- Don’t keep garbage or dustbin near main entrance as they emit negative energy.
- Avoid automatic closing main doors.
- Avoid main entrance facing intersecting roads.
- Avoid main door at center of any wall.
- Avoid black color for main door.
- Avoid temples or any other religious place directly in-front of main entrance.
- Avoid obstructing things like poles, trees, wires etc, in front of main entrance.
- Avoid arched windows and doors as they distort positive energy pattern.
I sincerely hope that you will follow these vastu tips for entrance and main door and make your home entrance a very auspicious one.
P.S. – In most houses, main door leads to living room of the home. Since you have finish understanding main door vastu, I suggest you to read our article on living room vastu and understand how you can do vastu for your living room or if you want to apply vastu to your home in a step by step manner than head right to the article @ Vastu for home and start learning.
In fact, as per vastu shastra, a South facing house can really be very auspicious, if and only if, it follows very certain vastu principles & guidelines.
However, if a South facing house isn’t as per vastu rules, then it tends to become the most inauspicious house that you can ever have.
More information on this is available @ South facing house vastu
If you like above information on Entrance and Main Door Vastu, then please share the same for benefit of others also.