Over a period of time, South facing houses have earned a very bad reputation and many people believe that – each and every – South facing house is bad; however, I must tell you that it’s a huge “misconception”.
In fact as per vastu shastra, a South facing house can be the very auspicious house – if an only if – it follows certain – and very specific – vastu principles.
Hence, if you get a chance to stay in or buy a South facing house (that’s exactly as per vastu shastra) then there’s nothing superior to it.
Here, I assume that you’re well versed with vastu shastra.
If you aren’t then you must read our article that gives you a clear – in fact crystal clear – understanding of vastu shastra.
What YOU Are Going To Learn Further:
South Facing House – What Vastu Says About It
You must know – and understand – that vastu shastra has always claimed that all the directions are equally good, be it, North, East, West or South.
However, as per the same – yes very same – vastu shastra, one thing that can make a house inauspicious is the entrance/main door of the house (even if all other vastu rules are followed).
Hence, with South facing houses, one thing that can make it auspicious is the entrance or main door of the home (considering that all other vastu principles are followed).
In other words, I can say that if a house (be it South facing) is as per rules and guidelines of vastu shastra, then it’s bound to be auspicious – in fact amazingly auspicious.
This is a reason why you might – and will, if you observe carefully – see a lot of very powerful, influential, rich, successful and happy people living in south facing houses.
So, without any delay, let’s take a look at rules and guidelines of vastu for south facing house.
South Facing House Vastu – The Tips, Rules and Guidelines
As mentioned earlier, the entrance of a south facing house is of prime importance in vastu shastra.
Vastu says that, if a house is South facing, then the entrance or main door of the house must be located on the 4th pada (step or part) of the south side.
Now, in order to understand the concept of “pada” or step, all you need to do is to have a look at the image below.
In the image above you can see that the South part (the length from South-East to South-West) is divided in 9 equal parts.
Each part is called as “pada” or step in vastu shastra.
Also, you – must have – noticed that only the “pada” numbered 4 is in green color and the pada’s to the right i.e. pada number 1, 2 and 3 are in orange color where the remaining pada’s, from 5 to 9 are in red color.
Here’s what this entire thing means:
- The 4th pada (green one) is the best and the most auspicious for entrance or main door of a south facing home.
- The pada’s 1, 2 and 3 are the ones that you can use (for entrance/main door) if pada 4 alone is small. But make sure to include pada 4 along with padas 3, 2 or 1. If you’re using space up to pada 1, then make sure that the entrance/main door doesn’t touch the SE corner. Leave at least 6 inches from SE wall.
- The pada’s 5 to 9 are the ones that are prohibited, as per vastu shastra, for having an entrance. Hence, a main door at padas 5 to 9 is inauspicious.
Having understood – I believe – the rules and guidelines of vastu for south facing home entrance, I must also tell you that all the other principles of vastu shastra remain same for south facing homes.
Below I’ve consolidated the dos and don’ts of vastu shastra when it comes to south facing house.
South Facing House Vastu – What to Avoid [7 Tips]
- Avoid main entrance in any pada from 5th to 9th.
- Avoid having anything related to water like sump, bore-well etc. in South-West corner.
- Avoid a plot that slopes from North to South.
- Avoid a cut or extension in South.
- Avoid car parking in South.
- Avoid keeping more open space in South than North side.
- Avoid kitchen in South-West.
South Facing House Vastu – What to Do [10 Tips]
- Make sure to have the entrance or main door on 4th pada or step.
- If the space, after utilizing 4th step, seems less then you can use 3rd, 2nd and 1st
- Make the walls in South and West thicker and higher than North and East.
- Choose a plot that slopes from South to North.
- Make sure that the kitchen is in South-East or North-West corner.
- While cooking face towards East (for South-East kitchen) or West (for North-West kitchen).
- Make the master bedroom in the South-West corner.
- You can have staircase in South.
- Make a living and/or Pooja room in North-East.
- You can make a guest bedroom in North-West.
Having said all this, I believe and trust that you – now – understand what a vastu compliant south facing house means and aren’t afraid – anymore – to dwell in one.
Also, since you’ve understood south facing house vastu, I suggest you to read what vastu shastra say about kitchen, bedroom, living room, Pooja room, toilet etc.
Here are the links:
- Kitchen Vastu
- Vastu for Bedroom
- Living room vastu shastra
- Pooja room as per vastu
- Toilets vastu shastra
By the way, since we’re dealing with south side of a home, here are 2 important articles that you MUST READ:
If you feel that the above information on South facing house vastu shastra is valuable then please share the same with others too!!!