Vastu for kitchen is important since kitchen represents the “Fire” element.
I am sure you already know that fire, in controlled environment, is beneficial, but if the same – yes very same – fire goes out of hand then it obliterates everything and anything in its way.
The above statement holds true for both types of fire – the actual fire and symbolic fire.
Just read on and everything will make sense to you in a moment.
As actual fire transforms uncooked or raw food into edible one, in the same manner, symbolic fire provides heat to your physical body and desires to your spiritual self for everything in life.
Imagine, what would happen if symbolic fire within you died?
You start to lose hope in life; all the “burning desires” come to end; your body becomes cold.
On the other hand, what would happen if the same fire – symbolic one – goes out of control?
You start to suffer medically, the “burning desires” will make you mentally sick and you start to lose your position, respect and dignity in society.
Now, you see, why is it important to have kitchen as per vastu shastra?
What YOU Are Going To Learn Further:
Vastu for Kitchen –What is it?
To make you understand “vastu for kitchen” in a better way, I want you to consider the words “vastu” and “kitchen” separately and then I will combine the two terms so that term “vastu for kitchen” becomes clearer to you.
Vastu: You might already know that Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian science of balancing energies in and around a place.
Here, I assume that you already know what vastu shastra is; if you don’t know what vastu is then I suggest you to read our article which enables you to understand vastu shastra in a better way.
Kitchen: Kitchen is where healthy and nutritious food is cooked.
Kitchen is the place of transformation – because it’s in the kitchen where all the raw and uncooked food is transformed into delicious meals.
The same food then provides “energy” to family members.
I want you to pay special attention to the word “energy” here.
The energy that you receive by consuming the food is positive one – that’s why it makes you feel good, happy and contented.
What would happen if the same food starts to instill negative energy in you?
Want to know how this can happen? Just read on.
I believe that you know that everything in this universe is energy.
Fire is also an expression of energy.
I have told you earlier that a controlled fire is beneficial i.e. it is positive energy with respect to you and uncontrolled fire is disastrous i.e. negative energy.
Now, imagine – due to vastu defect, which is imbalance in energy –your kitchen starts to give off negative energy rather that positive ones.
What happens next?
The negative energy starts to affect you physically and mentally.
You start to feel the negative impacts on your body and mind.
Obviously, you lose your health; with degrading health you don’t stand a chance to manage your day to day work; you start to become frustrated and this repercussions list can go on and on and on.
It is therefore very important for you to make your kitchen as per rules and regulations of vastu shastra so that the kitchen generates and enhances positive energy, suppressing – and even eliminating – negative ones.
Now combine the above two terms, namely, vastu and kitchen.
What you get is a vastu compliant kitchen having all the ability and capacity to dispose of all negative energies together with accepting and enhancing all the positive energies available.
This –in turn –will always have positive and beneficial impacts on you.
You will prosper, become more and more joyous, successful and will have peace of mind –always.
Vastu for Kitchen –Is it Important?
I believe that you have already read the previous section of this article and are in a better position to understand the ill-effects of vastu non-compliant kitchen.
In the previous section, I believe you understood some of the negative impacts of a vastu non-compliant kitchen.
Here, in this section, I have pin pointed some – in fact very few – but definite problems which one will face if he/she chooses not to do vastu for kitchen.
Vastu Non-Compliant Kitchen – Here’s the List of Problems
- Health Loss –loss of health for the cook and head of the family, lethal diseases and untimely death
- Financial Loss –financial condition deteriorates, credits goes up, bankruptcy
- Family Disputes –clashes within family, separation or divorce
and these are – as I mentioned – very few.
Your dedication to read this far of this article makes me to believe and safely assert that you are a responsible person and under no circumstances you will ever want yourself or your family to go through all the troubles which are mentioned – and unmentioned above.
Being an intelligent person – who I know you are – you might have already understood by now that doing vastu for kitchen ensures that you and your family are protected and shielded from all negative attributes – arising out of kitchen – and hence you must take the necessary action to do vastu for your kitchen.
Now, in order to take “that necessary action” and make your kitchen a vastu compliant one, all you need to know is vastu tips for kitchen which I have detailed in the next section, so just read on.
Vastu for Kitchen –How You Can Do It?
“Better to prevent and prepare, rather than repent and repair” and this part of article makes you to prevent the entry of any negative energy –via kitchen– in your home.
There are actually two steps to make your kitchen as per rules and guidelines of vastu shastra.
The first step – which I really want you to take – is to have a very good look at the image below.
This image tells you the best location of kitchen in a house.
Having seen the image, I believe, you now know that the best location to make kitchen is the South-East corner of a home.
However, as I have seen in many cases, sometimes a kitchen is placed in the North-East corner of a home – and this is a serious vastu defect. If – by any chance – the kitchen in your home is placed in the North-East corner then you must read the article on vastu remedies you must apply – immediately – to eliminate the negative impacts of North-East kitchen.
The second and the last step that you must take to make your kitchen in complete accordance with vastu shastra is reading and applying following vastu tips.
Vastu Tips for Kitchen:
What You Must Avoid:
- Avoid kitchen directly under or above pooja/prayer room.
- Do not have kitchen directly under or above toilets.
- Avoid kitchen directly under or above bedroom.
- Do not place cooking gas burner or stove directly in front kitchen’s entrance door.
- Do not have main door of kitchen in any corners; place it in East, North or West wall.
- A kitchen in North-East causes mental tension among family members and they suffer great losses. This is a common vastu defect, if – in your home – the kitchen is in the North-East corner, then you must read the article mentioning the remedies which you can take to reduce the ill effects of this vastu defect.
- Kitchen in South-West leads to clashes among family members.
- A kitchen in North-West direction is acceptable but it leads to increase in monetary expenditure.
- Most dangerous kitchen is the one placed in North direction; as North is Lord Kubera’s (the God of Wealth) direction, having kitchen in North will increase expenditure of family beyond expectations and control.
- Never face west while cooking as this leads to severe health problems to the cook.
- If – while cooking – the cook faces south then family has to face monetary losses.
- Avoid black color for kitchen wall and flooring.
- Avoid keeping refrigerator in North-East direction.
What You Must Do:
- Place platform of the kitchen in East and South-East corner.
- Put cooking gas burner or stove in South-East corner of kitchen, make sure that it is a few inches away from wall.
- Provide “L” shaped platform, next to the kitchen’s main platform, near South wall and use this platform for keeping and operating microwave ovens, mixer/grinder etc.
- Use North-East to set up wash-basin or sink in the kitchen.
- Use North-East or North side to keep drinking water and utensils for drinking water.
- Keep grain boxes, pulses, various spices, salt etc. in South or West direction.
- Have two windows/gaps in East and West walls of kitchen and place an exhaust fan in any of the windows/gaps.
- You can optionally place a dining table in North-West or West side of kitchen.
- Keep light weight things in East or North in kitchen.
- Build mezzanine floor in West or South of kitchen.
- The cook must always face towards East while cooking; this ensures good health of family members.
- Use yellow, orange, rose, chocolate or red as floor and wall colors of kitchen.
- You can place a refrigerator in South-East, South, West or North direction of Kitchen. If the refrigerator is in South-West direction then place it a foot away from wall else it will often get out-of-order.
- Give sacred offering to fire of the first thing you prepare in kitchen to make sure peace and prosperity.
- Clean kitchen, kitchen platform and utensils daily at night before sleeping.
Just follow all above mentioned vastu tips and you can – and definitely will – feel a big and positive change in your life.
There is one more important thing related to food – apart from cooking – and that “important thing” is the place where you consume your food namely, dining room or dining area.
If you already have a dining room in your home then the article on dining room vastu shastra will enable you to cross check if your dining room is as per vastu shastra or not.
However, if you don’t have a dining room in your home then read the article which tells you how you can – easily and simply – create a vastu compliant dining area in your home.
I sincerely hope that now you truly understand how you can – and I am sure you are going to – take necessary steps in achieving right vastu for your kitchen.
Be Social!! Like, Comment and Share!!!