One of the most vital characteristics – or blessing, I must say – which distinguishes humans from other species on this planet is the process of learning. You know, the process of learning – or gaining knowledge – takes place via different methods, such as, reading or studying, observing, doing, hearing and many other physical and even spiritual means. For the scope of this article, I would like you to concentrate on the first – and most commonly followed – method of learning i.e. “Studying”. Studying needs a lot of attention, concentration and focus; also, this method of learning needs – or demands – a place where one sits with a calm, composed and open mind – a place where the grasping power of mind is increased; a place which increases retention power of brain; a place where one is comfortable and can study undisturbed; This place is what you call a “Study Room”.
Here, I assume that you are already aware of vastu shastra. If you are not, then I suggest you to read the article which reveals to you the working knowledge – science – of vastu shastra.
You have a dedicated place – or room – for each and every activity that your perform in your home, in the same manner you must have a study room where you – or your children – can concentrate on gaining knowledge. To put icing on the cake, make sure that the study room in your home is vastu compliant so that while studying, the concentration and focus are sharpened and the process of gaining – and even retaining – the knowledge becomes easy.
How Can You Achieve a Vastu Compliant Study Room?
The process to make a study room a vastu compliant one is a two step – but very easy – process. The first step to make your study room vastu compliant is to locate it as per rules and guidelines of vastu shastra.
To help you on this – first step – I have created an image which reveals to you the best location to make a study room.
Have a look at it.
Having seen the image, I assume that you now understand that the best location to make a study room is the west portion of your home. However – due to any reason – if the west portion of the home is unavailable then you can make the study room in north-east corner or east part of home.
The second – and the final – step that you need to take to make your study room a vastu compliant one is to read and apply vastu tips and guidelines.
I have compiled a list of all study room vastu tips for you. Go through them, one by one.
Study Room Vastu Tips
- Place study room in West, East or North-East of a home.
- Student, while reading must face either East or North direction.
- Provide windows in learning area in East, North or West wall.
- Provide doors of study room in North-East, North, East or West.
- Avoid doors in South-East, North-West and South-West corners of Study Room.
- Do not sit below beam while reading.
- Study place should have ample amount of light.
- Student should not face blank wall or window while learning.
- Space between student and wall in front facilitates open mentality and new ideas come to mind.
- A solid wall behind student signifies support.
- Avoid toilets in study place as far as possible.
- Provide a bathroom in reading room.
- Provide book rack or book shelf in East or North wall of reading area.
- If books are kept in South-West corner, then they remain untouched.
- The books kept in North-West corner gets stolen by someone.
- The book shelf should never be located over or above study table.
- Use square or rectangular study table for best results.
- If study table is rectangular then, length:breadth should always be less than or equal to 1:2 e.g if the length of study table is 4 foot then have breadth between 2 to 8 feet.
- Keep the study table some inches (at least an inch) away from wall.
- Vastu for reading room suggests that room should have images of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Saraswati.
- If student uses a table lamp then place the lamp in South-East corner of study table.
- You can keep a computer in South-East corner of study place.
- Placing a pyramid in study place balances energies an increases memory power.
- Mount a pendulum clock on North Wall of study area.
- Use light and soothing colors for walls.
- Keep the study place clutter and noise free.
Hope above study room vastu shastra tips helps you to gain confidence and concentration in studies.
If you find the above information helpful, then please share the same with others also.