Staircases – or stairs for short – are an important part of each and every multistory house.
Stairs allow you to move from one level of home to another level – easily and fluently.
In vastu shastra, staircases are given very high importance; it is said, believed – and even validated – that a staircase which does not comply with rules and regulations of vastu shastra leads to frequent – in many cases, major – accidents, loss of wealth and mental tension.
On the other hand, if stairs are located – and built – as per vastu, then the residents enjoy wealth, health and peace of mind.
Here I assume that you are completely aware of vastu shastra. However, if you don’t know what vastu shastra is; then you can read the article which makes you familiar with vastu shastra and its benefits.
Staircase Vastu – Why Is It Important?
There have been many instances where a family – or an individual – faces severe money and health problems; when accurate vastu analysis of such houses was done; it was found that – in most of the cases – the staircase of home was the root cause of all the issues as the staircase was not complying with vastu rules and guidelines.
To make you understand the risks associated with vastu non compliant stairs, I have compiled a list of problems caused due this DEFECT.
Yes, “DEFECT”, understand that in vastu shastra, non compliance of stairs with vastu rules and guidelines is a major – an obviously – a very serious defect.
Vastu Non-Compliant Stairs – List of Problems, Issues and Risks
Financial Troubles: Loss of wealth, debt and bankruptcy
Health Related Issues: Frequent accidents – lethal and minor, ill health of children in a family, breathing problems; blood related medical issues and rare lethal diseases.
Family Issues: Conflict within family members, mental tension and stress.
Being a sensible and responsible person, I believe that you will never – in any case whatsoever – want yourself or your family to face such harsh situations. Don’t you?
I believe that the above mentioned – few – reasons are sufficient for you to consider doing vastu for stairs in your home.
Hence read the next section of this article to understand – clearly – and implement staircase vastu tips so that the stairs in your home brings happiness and well-being to you and your family.
Staircase Vastu – How You Can Do It?
This section of the article is dedicated to all those who want to do vastu for stairs in their home.
In this section of the article, I reveal to you, the best location of staircase in a home, the shape, auspicious colors for staircase and much more so that you can make the staircase in your home as per vastu shastra.
To begin with, I want you to take a look at the image – which I have created – for you.
The below image will reveal to you – in a nutshell – the best locations to build a staircase in your home as per vastu shastra.
Seen the image? Ok, let’s continue.
Now you know that the best location to build a stair in a home is South-West corner.
However – due to any reason – if the South-West corner of the home is unavailable to make a staircase, then the next best place to locate stairs is the South or West portion of home.
The next step in making the staircase of your home a vastu compliant one is to implement vastu tips for staircase.
I have compiled a list of all vastu tips and guidelines which will help you achieve a vastu compliant staircase in your home.
Read – and understand them completely.
Staircase Vastu Tips
What You Must DO
- Construct staircase in South-West corner or West or South directions in a home.
- You can construct external staircase in South-East facing East, South-West facing West, North-West facing North and South-West facing South.
- Vastu for Staircase suggests that while going up via stairs, one must climb towards West or South; and while descending one should descend towards East or North. Provide a turn in any direction due to paucity of the land.
- Keep the stairs clockwise as far as possible.
- Use the area under a stair as store place.
- Provide a roof sloping towards East or North at the top of staircase.
- Keep the number of steps odd. Make sure that the number of risers when divided by 3 leaves 2 as remainder. E.g. 5, 11, 17 etc.
- Use light and soothing colors for a Staircase. Avoid red and black color for stairs.
- Repair broken stairs immediately else it may cause accident and conflict in family due to mental tension.
What You Must AVOID
- The staircase must never be in the North-East side of the home.
- If the staircase is in the North-East of the home then there will be financial and business losses; also the head of the family will be in debt.
- Avoid stairs in the center of a home. Keep the center of the home free as this is the Brahmasthan. To know more on Brahmasthan read the article essaying the awesome story of Vastu Purusha and Vastu Purusha Mandala.
- Spiral stairs are not recommended as per Vastu as they cause bad health.
- If a staircase if encircling the building then it will lead to calamities.
- One must never keep almirah or cash locker under a staircase.
- The first step of any stair should never be round or circular.
- Stairs in a home should never start or end from/in Kitchen, Pooja/Prayer Room, Store Room or Strong Room.
- Do not have Pooja Room, toilet or Cash/Strong room under any staircase.
- If the space is less and staircase constructed in South-East or North-West then it may, to some, extent affect health of children in the family.
- Avoid circular or round steps as far as possible.
- If a staircase is build in the South-West (the best place) of a home, and room is available at the end of the stairs, then no one should occupy the room. If someone does occupy the room then he will fall sick, will have breathing problems; blood circulation will become slow and will start suffering from rare diseases.
- The steps going to upper floor must never be the same stairs that go to the basement or cellar.
Since now, you have all the required information on staircase vastu, I hope and believe that you will now be able to make the staircase in your home a vastu compliant one.
Thank you for your precious time.
If you found the above information helpful, share it with your friends and family.