Having Kitchen in the North-East corner of your home? If you answered that “YES”, then you are not alone. There are many instances where a kitchen is, wrongly or carelessly, placed in North-East corner of a home rather than South-East. Whatever be the reason of placing kitchen in North-East corner, the fact that North-East kitchen is inauspicious remains intact.
Reason for considering North-East kitchen inauspicious is attributed to a fact that North-East is God’s corner and hence called as Eshan corner.
Being God’s corner, the North-East part of a home is charged with positive and constructive energies, and a kitchen in this portion tends to burn and transform this positive energy to negative. This negative energy then flows throughout a house having severe and (obviously) negative effects on residents.
Want to know how this negative energy effects people occupying a home?
We have compiled a list of common problems and side effects associated with North-East kitchen.
North-East Kitchen: Common Problems and Side Effects
1. Financial Problems: Whatever money that comes in is spent on unwanted expenses i.e. a lot of money gets wasted.
2. Cluttered House: Kitchen in North-East never allows a house to be clean and clutter free, the house always looks like a mess. This even has negative impact on financial health of occupants.
3. Study: Students won’t be able to concentrate on studies. No matter how much efforts they put in, their results remain mediocre.
4. Marriage: Arranging a marriage becomes a herculean task as marriages get broken without any reason.
5. Health: People who earn money and aged residents, always suffer from health ailments. This leads to enormous hospital bills and expenses.
6. Sadness for Women: It has been noticed that women in these houses are always worried and sad.
As you might be aware that each and every defect in vastu has certain remedies and North-East kitchen is not an exception. Below is a list of remedies and tips which you can follow to eliminate or at-least reduce the ill effects of this defect.
North-East Kitchen: Vastu Remedies and Tips
1. Keep the gas stove in the South-East corner of present kitchen.
2. Keep the North-East portion of the kitchen empty, clean and clutter free. If possible, slope the building towards North-East corner.
3. If there is any window in North-East part then keep it open at all times. Also, if you can, then provide an exhaust fan (make a round hole in the wall).
4. If possible, extend North-East side of kitchen either to East or North. Make pooja/prayer room or wash area in this extended portion.
5. If extension is not possible then, place the image of Goddess Annapurna in the North-East corner. You can also place a pyramid here.
6. Change the color of kitchen walls to blue or lemon yellow shade.
7. Whatever room is in the South-East corner (the actual place of kitchen), place a table or stool in the South-East corner of that room. Boil milk or cook something daily. This creates an semblance of an auxiliary kitchen in the appropriate place.
8. Place Siddha Vastu Kalash in North-East and worship God Shiva daily.
9. Hang 3 bronze bowls (in upside down position) near the ceiling of the kitchen. Hang 1st bowl at the NE corner, the 2nd towards the left of the 1st bowl and the 3rd bowl towards the right of the 1st bowl. Make sure that none of these bowls are just above the gas stove.
You must also know that apart from location of kitchen in a home, the placement of items within a kitchen is equally important. Read our article to know kitchen vastu and arrangement of items in a kitchen as per vastu shastra.
While above mentioned tips are good and effective, still the best and most favorable tip is to relocate the kitchen to South-East corner.
Like above information? Why not share it with your friends for their benefit?