Pooja room – or prayer room – is – and must be – one the most auspicious and sacred rooms of your home. But this “most auspicious and sacred” room needs be as per rules and guidelines of vastu shastra. Since you worship, keep religious texts, idols and images of deity’s and other Godly belongings in this room, hence you must protect this room from negative energies. WHY? To know the answer, just read on.
Once you have made a pooja or prayer room in your home then “the room” automatically starts to attract positivity and harmony. However, if the pooja room is left unprotected then this “attracted” positivity and harmony starts to weaken due to influence of negative energies that – may be – present in your home. Hence, you must take all the required actions and make sure that the pooja room in your home is vastu shastra compliant so that it is capable of enhancing and attracting positive energies in and around your home.
What YOU Are Going To Learn Further:
How to Make Your Pooja Room Vastu Compliant?
Making a pooja room vastu shastra compliant is a two step process.
The first step that you need to take is to locate the pooja room – obviously – in the most auspicious way. Now, to help you to identify the best possible location for a pooja – or prayer – room in your home, I have made an image, which reveals to you the best location for a pooja room in a home as per vastu shastra.
As you may see in the image above that the best place to locate pooja room is the North-East corner of your home. However – due to any reason – if the North-East corner is unavailable then you can make the pooja room in East or West side of your home.
The next – and the last – step to make a vastu compliant pooja room is to follow all vastu tips and guidelines for pooja room which are mentioned below.
Pooja Room Vastu Tips:
What You Must Follow
- As per pooja room vastu, north-east corner of home is best site for pooja place.
- East and west are second best locations.
- Keep the pooja place on ground floor.
- In big plots or factories etc. construct pooja ghar at center; this is very auspicious.
- Keep the idols in east and/or west of the prayer room.
- Place the idols a few inches (at least an inch) away from wall.
- Make sure that all the idols are always in perfect condition.
- Have two shutter door of high quality wood for prayer room.
- Pooja Room can have doors and windows in north or east walls.
- White or light yellow colored marble work in prayer room makes it more auspicious.
- Use white, light yellow or light blue colors for walls of pooja room.
- You can place a lamp stand in the pooja room in south-east or eastern side.
- If the roof of pooja room is pyramid shape then it’s very auspicious.
- You can place an Agnikund in the prayer room in south-east corner.
- Keep showcases and almirahs towards west or south walls.
- Entrance of pooja place must have a threshold.
- If the prayer area is in kitchen then keep it in the north-east corner of kitchen; you should face east while praying.
What You Must Avoid
- The pooja place should never be in south direction.
- Do not have pooja place in a store-room.
- Avoid pooja place in any bedroom. However if there is no option then use the north-east corner of the bedroom as pooja place (but remember this is the last and least favored option). Also remember that while sleeping or lying on bed your feet should not point towards this corner.
- Never make pooja room in basement or first or above floors.
- Do not have prayer place above, below or next to any toilet or kitchen.
- Avoid pooja room or place under a staircase.
- Idols should never face south.
- Do not chisel off the wall to make place for keeping idols.
- Never keep broken idols.
- Idols should never be directly in front of the entrance door of prayer room.
- Never keep the idols brought from old temples in the prayer room.
- Women should not enter the prayer room during menses.
- Scenes or photos of crime, battles or of any negative emotions are a strict “no” in the pooja place. Actually you must avoid them in your entire home.
- Do not hang photos of animals and birds in the pooja place.
- Never have photos of passed away people in the pooja area.
- Never keep a dustbin in the pooja place; it reduces positive energy of the room.
- No one should sleep in the prayer room (except if the prayer room is in bedroom).
- Don’t keep the items in the pooja area that do not belong there.
- Never ever – under any circumstance – conceal any money or other valuables in pooja place.
I believe and trust that above vastu tips for pooja room will definitely make your prayer room a very auspicious one.
Be Social!! Share this AWESOME information!!!