Vastu for Bedroom is very important as bedroom is the place for privacy and total relaxation. A bedroom is the place where we retire after strenuous day’s job to relax and have a sound sleep to gain energy for the next day. Vastu Shastra for Bedroom has been given a very high priority and significance.
As per Bedroom Vastu Shastra acceptable shapes for are square or rectangular. Now, in case if the bedroom is rectangular, then as per bedroom vastu shastra, reasonable length to breadth ratio is less or equal to 1:2 e.g. if the length is 20 foot, then the breadth lies between 10 feet to 40 feet.
From the below image we can see the ideal place of bedrooms for different members of the family.
Vastu Shastra Bedroom Tips are given below:
- As per Vastu for Master Bedroom, it should always be in the South-West corner of the home and head of the family must occupy this bedroom.
- The master bedroom should always be bigger than other rooms of the house.
- If the house is multi-story then master bedroom in the South-West corner of the top floor is best.
- Perfect place for bed in master bedroom is towards South or West wall, so that while sleeping the person’s head is towards South or West and legs towards North or East.
- Directions for Sleeping in bedroom as per Vastu Shastra:-
- Sleeping with legs towards the east gives name, reputation & richness.
- Sleeping with legs towards the west gives mental harmony & augments fondness for spiritualism.
- Sleeping with legs towards the north, increases prosperity and opulence.
- However, one should not sleep with legs towards South as he will not have a sound sleep. There will be bad dreams, bad thoughts in the mind. Heaviness in the chest can also be sensed occasionally. South direction is Place of Yama (the Lord of Death). Mind sickness will increase and there is possibility of lessening of life span.
- Bed alignment to any corners is unsuitable.
- Vastu says that the master bedroom should only be used by married couples.
- West or North side is suitable for attached bathroom, changing room or bath tub etc.
- The bathroom should not face the bed directly and the door of the bathroom must always be kept closed.
- East, North or West walls are best spot for entrance door of master bedroom. Avoid entrance on South wall.
- Make sure the door of the bedroom is of single shutter and always opens completely without any noise.
- East or North walls are good for windows in the bedroom.
- South-West corner of the master bedroom should always be occupied.
- Best place to keep heavy wardrobes, shelves or almirah is the South-West corner of the master bedroom.
- A mezzanine floor in South or West wall is tolerable in the bedroom.
- Never place safe in bedroom. If unavoidable then place the safe away from the North-East, North-West, South-East and South-West corners and East and West directions.
- If the safe is kept towards the South wall and opens towards the North then it’s very auspicious.
- Place dressing table with/without mirror in the North or East wall.
- If a mirror is in the bedroom with/without dressing table then make sure than none of the body part is visible in the mirror while sleeping on the bed, else the same body part will develop medical problems.
- Please avoid TV, PC or laptops in the bedroom (I know it is hard, but that’s the way it is).
- Put TV (if you can’t control yourself), heater and other electrical appliances in the South-East of the bedroom.
- Hang a beautiful and pleasant painting or any portrait on the wall so that it is easily seen as someone enters the bedroom.
- Vastu bedroom tips say that plants, fish aquariums or any other life forms are a strict “NO” in bedroom.
- If a bedroom is in the West side of the home then it’s best for children.
- As per bedroom vastu, unmarried children or guests can use a bedroom in the East.
- Lay beds in the children’s bedroom in the South-West so that a child’s head is in East or South direction.
- As per Vastu Shastra do not place any bedroom in the South-East direction of the main building as it leads to unnecessary quarrels (this does not means that there are necessary quarrels also 😉 ) between husband and wife, inefficient expenditure increases and the couple has to face lot of difficulties.
- However still if a bedroom is present in the South-East direction then use it as an office or unmarried son’s bedroom.
- Do not have any bedroom in the North-East direction as this is the place for deities and if a bedroom is present in this site then one faces many mishaps and sickness in the family increases.
- Also if a married couple sleeps in a North-East bedroom then they have to face long-term diseases.
- Avoid any bedroom in the center of the home.
- Use light rose, gray, blue, chocolate, green etc as wall colors for bedroom.
- Stay away from use of marble stones (white and yellow colored) in the newly married couple’s bedroom.
- Install a bagua outside a bedroom to protect from negativity.
Hope above Vastu Tips for bedroom make your life happier.
If the information above was useful for you, then please share the same with others also.